‘Learning together; helping one another to achieve our best’.
Mary Swanwick Primary School aims to provide every child with an excellent educational experience, which is enjoyable, stimulating and enables them to reach their full potential as successful learners.
We hold the highest expectations of all our pupils, challenging them to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant and enriched curriculum.
We celebrate perseverance, resilience and risk-taking, ensuring children welcome challenge and are not frightened to make mistakes. We encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and curiosity to ask questions, solve problems and respond to quality feedback. Children are praised for hard work, determination and having a positive attitude.
We promote an ethos of respect and empathy, where diversity is valued and celebrated – both within school and the wider world. Safeguarding and welfare is extremely important and pupils are taught the virtues of kindness, appreciation and what it means to be courageous. We foster open and honest communication with parents, carers and specialists and actively seek to engage with all members of the community in a positive and supportive manner.
It is our aim for all children to leave Mary Swanwick Primary School as independent learners with self-belief and respect for others. We want all our children to develop a love of learning that will equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary for an ever-changing and exciting future. We work towards one common goal that underpins all we do –‘Learning together; helping one another to achieve our best’.
- As a school we aim to: Provide a safe, happy, caring environment where children want to give their best.
- Encourage all children to become independent learners.
- Value self-esteem and celebrate success.
- Learn together and foster links with parents, the community and other supportive partners.
- Equip children with the necessary skills for life as responsible, healthy citizens in an ever-changing, technological world.
- Respect all people, their cultures and their beliefs