Our Hodthorpe Family Team have the children at the heart of everything we do. We ensure that they are happy, confident and their individual talents and needs are recognised, developed and that all children flourish in our care.
Through our new, exciting and engaging curriculum we inspire, create memories and form positive relationships. We encourage a healthy lifestyle and mind-set by developing personal skills to help children cope with the ever changing challenges that the world can throw at them. Our creative and challenging lessons, help instil a love of learning encouraging independence, resilience and an inquisitive nature. We strive to ensure that each child reaches their potential, has the skills to be a life-long learner and is able to make a positive contribution to society.
Our Hodthorpe Family Team includes parents, carers, the local community and our Governors (or School Champions as we call them). Parents and carers are very supportive and involve themselves in the life of the school and the development and education of their children. We value parents’ opinions and support and work in partnership with them. The local community is eager to help and enrich our curriculum with local businesses working with us regularly. Our School Champions are an important part of school life, providing support and challenge to help us to provide the best for our pupils. We also work well with other schools in the Learners’ Trust.
I hope that this website will give you a taste of our fantastic school and an insight into the wonderful Hodthorpe Family Team. This website content will grow and develop over time, but this can never replace the first-hand experience of coming to visit us. Please feel free to contact the team if you would like to visit us or if you have any questions or suggestions.
We look forward to meeting you and thank you for visiting our website!
Our mission statement is ‘Working together, challenging each other as one big family’ and our whole school community works on this ethos. Here are our Family visions and values:
- Challenge each other’s thinking and views and learn from educational experiences.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Strive to be the best you can and have dreams for the future!
- Concentrate and focus on your learning and achievements.
- Listen well; be organised and work independently.
- Be resilient and learn from your mistakes.
- Be active and stay healthy.
- Look after your own and other’s feelings to help you stay motivated.
- Work together in school and within our wider community.
- Show respect to everyone and understand that everyone is equal.
- Make sure that everyone is safe and secure.
- Prevent bullying.
- Love yourself, others, the community, our country and the world.
- Be accepting of different cultures and religions.
- Celebrate our history and our families.
- Be caring, polite and kind to everyone.
- Remember that we are a welcoming, happy school where friendships flourish, memories are made, smiles are contagious and laughter is heard. We are the BEST family!