The LEARNERs’ Trust offers a high quality educational support and development community backed by excellent professional services and moral leadership. The Trust works in partnership with established service providers for professional development and operational support
Our mission is to create choices and enrich lives by enabling the best learning experiences possible, provided through the best possible teaching
- Our first job is to support and extend learning for pupils to provide them with the skills and knowledge to make those choices.
- Our second job is to make sure no child is ignored, no family is unsupported and no life is wasted, by providing intervention at the earliest opportunity.
- Our responsibility to education is to provide an environment where practitioners can collaborate, learn from each other, take risks and reflect.
How will we work? What is our strategy?
We will use the following strategies;
- Focus on creating capacity (time and resources) for schools
- Ensure support is agile, providing intervention at the earliest opportunity
- Support schools to employ and invest in the best educators for children
- Seek continuous improvement and disruptive innovation
What behaviours will underpin our journey? What is our culture?
Our community will be;
Connected (developing positive, well maintained and productive relationships )
Helpful (embracing servant leadership and initiative to solve problems)
Organised (employing efficient strategies and trusting colleagues to deliver)
Informed (sharing information openly, broadly and deliberately)
Candid (disagreeing openly and compassionately)
Effective (retaining only our best elements and looking for continuous improvement)
Simple (avoiding complexity and increasing clarity)
Leadership & Operational Structure
Member School Structure
If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please contact us.
The LEARNERs’ Trust has been set up with considerable thought and care to ensure the trust board has all the necessary skills to grow sensibly, sustainably and in a strategic and effective manner.
Board of Trustees / Directors
Matt Freeston (CEO)
John Rutherford (Chair)
|Sarah Kench||April Bembridge|
Memorandum & Articles of Association
Please click on the links below to access reports about the Trust.
Master Funding Agreement
Memorandum & Articles
Register of Business Interests
Scheme of Delegation
Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017
Public Sector Apprenticeship Information
There more schools a Trust has, the better the opportunities for collaboration. Although we do not actively seek schools to convert, as a Trust, we are always seeking to grow whilst maintaining effective support for our current schools.
As we grow we build hubs of geo-located schools and are committed to ensuring our services are run at optimal ratios. We currently have three hubs across Derbyshire, Derby City and Rotherham. The hubs share key personnel and services meaning provision is local and highly effective
The Trust is keen to share the collaborative work we develop and the strategies we use to support our schools. We are always keen to talk to schools from any position to help up meet our mission and keep a healthy balance of good or better schools to those needing support.
For any schools interesting in knowing more about the Trust, please get in touch using the ‘Contact Us’ page of this website.
To be added.